JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel
With international partners, Mr. Taher has developed through his company Alliance Overseas Import Export S.R.L. (former shareholder of the hotel complex) the Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, which was inaugurated in November 1999. After successful negotiations by TaherInvest, the hotel was upgraded to the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel in March 2004 making it Marriott’s first luxury brand hotel in Europe.
JW Marriott is the premier hotel in Romania and is conveniently located close to the Bucharest state opera, major businesses and government offices, and next to the famous parliament palace.
The JW Marriott is an 85,000 m2 (914,932 sq ft) building with 402 luxuriously furnished rooms and suites. In addition the JW Marriott complex features the largest hotel meeting rooms and exhibition space in town, consisting of two ballrooms, additional 10 meeting rooms, a luxury shopping mall, office spaces and car parking facilities.
- 8 floors, 379 rooms, 23 suites
- 12 meeting rooms, 2,000 m2 (21,528 sq ft) of total meeting space
- 1 concierge level
- Casino on-site
- On-site for over 560 cars & valet parking
Restaurants & Lounges
- Cucina - The Italian Kitchen
- Champions - The American Sports Bar & Restaurant
- Vienna Lounge - The Austrian Coffee House
- Pavilion Lounge - The International Bar
- JW Steakhouse
- The Garden (May to October)
World Class Health Academy
- Indoor Pool